Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Long Time Coming

Could it really happen here in Missouri? The CPM (Certified Professional Midwife) bill may finally become law. Govenor Blunt has stated at a press conference that he will sign the bill that has just passed both the House and Senate at the eleventh hour. I hardly know what to think or how to feel. This bill has been so long in the battle (over 20 years) that I really didn't expect that it would pass this year either. Wow. I just have to let is wash over me. What does this mean for the birthing women of Missouri? What does this mean for me? Should I take another look at the CPM credential? I ruled out becoming a midwife so long ago, that it seems a foreign thought now. My fustration has been increasing lately that women can't access the births they want, but becoming a midwife would utterly consume me. Part of me wants to shout yipee, but the other part wants to wait to see how things really come down. I'll take a good look at the bill and perhaps post it for comments.
In the meantime, I've started to plan for a family retreat. We plan to camp for a week at a quiet get-a-way and get some well deserved R&R. This month has seen so much growth (ie, change) for my business and so many projects going at once, that I'm more than ready for a rest. In fact I'm taking a mini-retreat today. My goal is not to leave my house (and yard). I helped my friend Dotty with her daughter's wedding yesterday and I'm exhausted. Today is just for enjoying my family.

No comments: