Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reader Love

Beloved Readers,
Thank you for your outpouring of support for the upcoming book. I love that so many of you have emailed or left blog messages stating your desire to be a part of the reading group. However- I have decided I will not let anyone who already knows me be in the group. Sorry, I just think I'd get more objective feedback from those who haven't actually met me yet. I might be wrong about this, but I'm going with my gut on this one. However if my local friends could send me names of potential couples for my homebirth workshop in January, I'd be very grateful- I only have one couple so far. Fishing for speaking engagements is going very well- I have applied to several national and regional conferences this week. I'll post them on my website as I get confirmation. My goal is one speaking gig a month. I'd also appreciate any heads up on any conferences any of you might know about that might be appropriate for me. I found a website called Lact Speak that lists lactation speakers for hire. This was such a cool website, and so user friendly. I plan to sign up for it. I looked for a similar website for birth speakers and didn't find one. The Lact Speak site was so simple, I toyed with the idea of starting one myself. Birth Speak anyone? Your warm encouragement and well wishes spur me on- I'm indebted to you all.

No comments: