Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Inward and Upward

The days grow cooler and shorter and busier than ever. I'm having to readjust my schedule to accomodate the kids getting up earlier for school. If I want morning writing time, I'll have to get up at 5 instead of 6. But its worth it, I can't not write, I dream of writing if I'm not doing it. First the blog as my warm-up, then a poem, then the book. If there's still time, I like to journal by hand. My life is so multi-layered, the writing keeps me sane. Its how I connect with myself, my God, and with the greater world.
I've decided to return to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico in January. I'll take the baby with me, and my husband, if he'll come. I'll participate in San Miguel Walk (www.sanmiguelwalk.com) for the third year in a row. The three day, 55 mile pilgramage through the mountains of Central Mexico have become cathartic for me. The mountains call me back to where my journey began.

No comments: