Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Self-Care Day

After a weekend in the Holy Land, I am back to my real life. A life of endless errands and to do lists, a life of answering emails and voice mails. I'm trying to hold onto those sacred moments, to remember that my life is more than a checked off to do list. Yesterday was a plethora of appointments, today is more of the same. Getting our 5 kids ready for school has meant trips to the dentist, orthodontist, optometrist, pediatrician, and dermatologist, to name a few. Heck even the cats and dog have appointments scheduled with the vet. Does that leave me any time or money for even one stinkin' massage? What do you think? I'm also in desperate need of a haircut and an eyebrow wax. Not to mention those maternity clothes I still don't have. Instead of complaining, I think I will designate a Self-Care Day. I'm getting my calendar right now and choosing a day next week to get all these things done. A day to say yes to myself and no, not now to everyone else. There its done. I chose next Tuesday as my Self-Care Day. I'll make a massage and hair appointment, and then shop for maternity clothes. I wrote on my calendar, "Self-Care Day, no outside appointments." I am working on keeping my committments to myself with the same degree of integrity that I use for everyone else, so on that note, I'm taking the dog and going for my morning walk.

No comments: