Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Crazy 'bout my baby...

I'm hanging out at home with Josiah and just thinking how nice it is to have a baby. Of course he's a toddler now. He's a cutie with brown curly hair and chocolate colored eyes. I realized what a happy happy boy he is, when he came down with an upper respiratory infection (URI) and he was fussy nonstop for 3 days. The virus passed and then he was back to his natural joyful self. He runs around from activity to activity, from sibling to sibling and from parent to parent. The world is just of feast of pleasurable activity for him. It would have been awful to have missed having this baby. I stop at no attempt to keep him out of mortal danger, cutting grapes in half, plugging up oh so attractive outlets, swooping down to pluck quarters out of his hands as they aim for his mouth, or stopping his 16 year brother from dangling him upside down by one foot. I probably save his life a hundred times a day. He rewards me with the sweetest 6 toothed grin. He has added much love and joy to our lives- not to mention his weight in poop and drool. Thanks Lord- nice call.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed browsing. I agree wholeheartedly... babies are a wonderful blessing!

kirsten said...

I'm so glad God is in control of my life. He has such great ideas, doesn't he? I'm thrilled to hear what a gift J.has turned out to be to you.

Mimi said...

Awesome! I can't believe he's not a baby anymore!