Friday, August 17, 2007

Putting the Dead to Rest

Thanks to everyone who responded to my two posts on the dying process. I'm comforted to know that these posts touched so many of you. On a final note, Lee's memorial service was grand. Lee was an avid writer and journaler and some of his writing were read at the funeral. I was priviledged to be asked to read one of his poems. Three of Lee's adult sons and several pastors of our church spoke about Lee's life and character. We all should have such testimonies of love and stregnth at our passings. Attending a service like that certainly gives you a renewed perspective on what your life should be about. I found myself wondering what people will say about me at my funeral and about how the choices I make today (and everyday) will influence what they say. What about each of you, Dear Readers? How would you like to be remembered by those you love?

No comments: