Friday, October 13, 2006

My Birth Plan

Birth Plan

My plan for this birth is that it be (birthing) woman-led which includes the following tenets:

· No interference or medical intervention without medical provocation
· Respect for intuitive wisdom and knowing of the mother and caregiver
· Obedience to the mother’s bodily wisdom and functioning
· Limited reliance on technology and pharmacology
· Positive and readily available emotional and physical support for mother and caregivers
· Silence when requested, and respectful speech and touch
· Presence, when desired, of those who have been selected by the mother to
support the birthing process
· Recognition of mother and baby as the primary focus of the birthing process
· Responsible and informed decision-making
. Faith in divine design and reliance on divine presence

4 comments:

kirsten said...

Now that's an awesome birth plan! May I add my $0.02 worth: PLEASE get some rest before active labor kicks in!

LaborPayne said...

Thanks both of you- so you know, I am obeying my body, in both work and sleep!

Mid-life Midwife said...

I've been lurking on your lovely blog for the last 2 1/2 months, waiting for you to have your baby...congratulations!
I am a homebirth midwife in Michigan. Another midwife friend and a CBE friend are starting a homebirth zine, of sorts, to publish and hand out in our area. I was wondering if we could print a copy of your Birth Plan (which is awesome!) in our zine.
Let me know, and many blessings to you and your family!

LaborPayne said...

Dear mid-life,
I would love for you to print my birth plan in your magazine. All I ask is for a copy (hard copy or cyber copy) of the article. I like to keep track of when and where I appear in print. Thanks for asking.