Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sweets for the Cantankerous

Having a lovely day. I went for my massage this morning. It was heaven on earth. Nadah is a master with her hands. After the massage, we talked about my birth plan and how she could best serve me as a doula. I still keep going back to my desire for woman guided birth. I think everything is flipped. Everyone in the room should be taking their cues from me and following the direction that my body leads. As the person experiencing the birth, I should be giving directions, not following them. Thats my birth philosophy in a nutshell. Still cramping/contracting intermittently, but mostly ignoring them and going about my business. Working on my corn chowder, doing laundry, and organizing the linen closet. Nadah inspired me to get out the candles, incense, and soft music. I so enjoyed all those elements at her place this morning. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped at my favorite chocolatier's and purchased some nice chocolates, just because.

No comments: