Monday, July 03, 2006

Saying Yes to Life

Well the cat is finally out of the blog! We told our parents over the weekend about the pregnancy. They took it well, better than expected. The next hurdle will be to start planning for the birth. This week, I see my midwife and I meet with a couple of British documentary makers. They are a husband and wife team. I'm excited to meet them and get their take on this whole thing. It seems strange, trying to plan for a future I can't forsee. How will I know what will be the best approach? That's just it- I don't. I'll have to follow my gut and get as much guidance as I can. My friend Kevin did the teaching yesterday at church. He talked about giving God our best yes. His words were like a healing balm. I am saying yes to God, and His will for my life, and it is transforming me. The fear and trepidation are still there- but I must move forward. I must complete the things I've started. My book is like a second pregnancy. When this gestation is complete- I will give birth to it. I'll have to find a midwife/publishing company soon. Speaking of gestations...
My son and his wife had us over yesterday. I'm happy to report that the baby has finally settled into a good nursing routine. Mom and baby are doing well. (The little stinker slept the whole time we were over there.) Did I mention he's the cutest baby ever?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay! I'm so pleased.

LaborPayne said...

Thanks for your support and well wishes.