Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tethered by Fear and Doubt

This is where the fear sets in. Once I set projects in motion, then comes the trepidation, the doubt, the uncertainty. Then I typically start to divest myself. The project never comes to fruition, because having started, I am afraid to finish. What if I fail? What if they laugh at me? What if I plan this event and noone comes? What if I look like a fool? What if, what if, what if??? And so my thought process goes. I cannot let that happen this time. I must have the courage to finish what I start (the book, the film, the retreat). I must summon the courage to continue on. "From whence cometh my help? " Lord, give me the fortitude to press on, despite doubt, fear, criticism, even scorn. Be my strength in times of weakness, my courage in times of fear, my assurance in times of doubt. Make manifest Your spirit within me.

No comments: