Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Down in the Delta

Just back from the National Nurse-In. Josiah and I were the only ones there! What a disappointment : ( But I'm glad we went anyway. My sign read, "Delta's treatment of breastfeeding mothers is offensive" I passed out breastfeeding info, talked to a couple of folks and Josiah did his part by waking up to have a leisurely nosh at the breast (what a good little protester). He actually got more attention than I did. More people stopped to look at him than talk to me about my sign. Anyway, its done. Sorry Kansas City had such a low turn out and hope other cities fared better. But I feel great that we did our part.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

I would have been there. . .if I were still nursing! But sadly it has been 5 years since my last baby nursed! Great for YOU!

Louisa said...

I'm so proud of you!!!
I was sad to miss it (I guess Seatac's was a smaller one too).
I think we should muster prominent national nurse-in's every year at parks or state houses or whatever...
If this sort of thing was done more often then we'd all be much better off!

Mimi said...

What a good protest!

Anonymous said...

My town is too small to have a Delta counter- but I wrote them and expressed my unhappiness!

LaborPayne said...

Good for you Jennifer.