Sunday, November 19, 2006

Shut Your Humble Pie Hole

We're home! Josiah's weight gain was sufficient this morning that Dr. W and the team let us go on home. We left the hospital and went straight to church. I felt the need to formally give thanks- and I wanted to see my friends after being isolated for a week. When I got home, I left Josiah in the baby-starved hands of his siblings, and crawled into my bed and slept peacefully. Its so good to be home with my baby-so good to see my kids. I feel full of gratitute. So what's the lesson here? I got to help myself to a great big helping of humble pie. I have to confess that in my heart, when a woman complained about her milk"going away" I dismissed her as lazy or uncommitted. After having my infant hospitalized for 5 days on account of a diminished milk supply, I think I'll have a little bit more compassion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lord humbled me when samuel and joseph had to be supplemented. puts things in a whole new perspective, doesn't it.

praise god that josiah is doing well and prayers for his continued health.

Dawn said...

Glad you are home! Try to continue to get the rest you need this week! Have an awesome Thanksgiving! Sorry I missed you at church, we were not feeling well (glad we did not share anything with you germ wise though. . .lol!).

Anonymous said...

I was giving this very issue some thought this weekend. Really now, what were the odds that with your history, you would have problems? I'm glad you found meaning in the experience. When I had my baby I had expected to be doing so much teaching to her...little did I know how much learning there would be for me!

Mimi said...

Yay!