Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Slow Increase

The LC hooked me up with a lactaid device yesterday. So now I can breastfeed and supplement simultaneously. Its a pain in the butt but it keeps him on the breast while my milk supply rebuilds. This Medela hospital grade breast pump is sweet. I can pump both breasts in about 10 minutes. If only Josiah could work so efficiently! Dr. W and the team rounded this morning and said if his weight gain continues, he can go home on Monday. Yipee. You know, despite all the stress and work, this has been kind of a respite for me. Is that sad or what?

6 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so glad progress is being made. Continued prayers.

Dawn said...

Still praying. . .Know what you mean about a respite. That is what I felt like last month when I had my hysterectomy! LOL! That is really sad, huh! Glad he is doing better. Let me know if you need anything else, I am more then happy to drive down there. . .and I have a BIG purse so just let me know what kind of brew you want, wink wink!

LaborPayne said...

Thanks Dawn,
Can you bring me a huge can of the not nasty kind? Perhaps my palate is just too unsophisticated. Why can't a nice Merlot increase my milk supply? On second thought, bring the Merlot anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the update sherry!

Dawn said...

Is there a NOT nasty kind? I can't stand the stuff! How is everyone doing today? Still going home tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out why exactly your milk supply dropped? From what I read, it seemed like it was going well until after the second week. I am curious because I am older (40) and though I have successfully breastfed a baby I wonder if I would be able to do so again if I had a baby in a few years.

Emilia (emilia_e_murphy@yahoo.ca)